Monday, October 22, 2007

Blog about RSS

It's an interesting technology, quite time saving, although I found going into Bloglines a bit tedious. I guess Firefox or the new versions of Internet Explorer and Windows that will have the RSS symbol built in will be a more streamlined way of using this technology. You have to be careful what you subscribe to because you could get too many articles. That's what happened to me when I subscribed to Time magazine's Top Stories feed. By subscribing to relevant feeds, librarians could keep up to date with what's going on in their field.

3 comments:

Yarra Plenty Library Regional Library said...

I also find blogline tedious. Goodle Reader can be added to your toolbar...much easier to access

Lynette

Argo said...

I concur with Lynette's comment. There are a lot of tools other than the one recommended by the Learning 2.0 project.
Love what you have done to your blog though, it looks really good and I know it will only get better.

deb said...

I too find it tedious - can't see me doing much with tools such as bloglines . Debbie F PS: blog looks great!